Social Anxiety (Social Phobia)
The fear of appearing foolish and/or being criticized or rejected in social situations: “People will judge me”; I’ll look foolish”; images of blushing, others making fun of me . . .
- Examples of the signs and symptoms of social anxiety
- Assessment: What’s Your Social Anxiety Score?
- A Day in the life of someone with Social Anxiety
- Where Does social Anxiety come From?
- Explaining Social Anxiety
- How to Over Come Social Anxiety: An Overview
- Flight, Fight or Freeze?
- The problem with Avoidance
- The problem with ‘Safety Behaviours’
- The Effects of Self-Focused Attention
- The Post-Mortem: Ruminating After The Event
- Negative Automatic Thoughts (NATs): Some Examples
- Patterns of Biased Thinking
- Alternative ways of thinking
- Reworking Past Shame Scenes
- Reworking Core Beliefs and Our Rules for Living